Women Entrepreneurship Day November 19, 2021
As women supporting women, the NWIR DEI Committee would love to know your unique insight on being a woman owned roofing business.
1. Name, Title
Stacie Feller, President
2. Business Name
Kanga Roof Austin
3. Location (City and State)
Round Rock, Texas
4. How did you get into the roofing industry?
I married into it! When my husband and I met in 2011, he was a one-man roofing operation. I left my corporate job in 2016 to join him full time.
5. What is something unique about your business – what sets you apart?
Our operation is built around processes. We have a process for everything we do. By doing this, we have been able to grow from $275K in sales in 2011 to $24M in 2021. We are constantly training to improve not only our roofing skills, but customer service skills too.
6. What challenges have you encountered as a woman owned business?
Most of the time, people will talk to my husband and ignore me. He chuckles and says “she’s the roofer” as he is no longer involved in the business much. (We also own a HVAC business that he runs).
7. What advice would you give other women looking to start their own business?
It’s not for the faint of heart. Be sure you are ready for the highs and the lows. Also, get you a business coach you trust – someone that is going to tell you the truth even if you don’t want to hear it.