The Q4 2021 Market Index Survey for Reroofing shows increasing customer inquiries and increasing project contracts.
Below are a few topline highlights of the recent survey:
• Business Type: Roofing contractors comprised 73% of respondents; roofing consultants comprised 27% of respondents.
• Market Type: 88% of respondents indicate their business is primarily low slope or a blend between low and steep slope; 12% of respondents are engaged in steep slope only.
• Customer Inquiries: Approximately 49% of all respondents reported that customer inquiries increased for Q4 2021 as compared to the same quarter previous year; 31% reported no change; 21% reported a decrease.
• Project Contracts: Approximately 44% of all respondents reported that project contracts increased for Q4 2021 as compared to the same quarter previous year; 33% reported no change; 22% reported a decrease.
• Project Backlog: 51% of all respondents reported a project backlog of 3 months or longer as of January 2022 compared to 44% of respondents that reported a similar backlog in October 2021.
The next call for responses will come in early April. Please make a note and be sure to complete the survey on behalf of your company or forward it to the proper person. We’d really like to see more respondents so that we can have a more accurate picture of business activity in the reroofing market.