In early 2021, knowing that we might not be able to hold our fourth annual NWiR Day in the spring, the Executive Committee started looking into a program that would deliver valuable content to members and offer the opportunity for our Diamond Sponsors to engage with the NWiR membership. Our Diamond Sponsors provide significant financial support to the association, support their employees being active members and holding leadership roles, and they walk the walk when it comes to empowering women in the roofing industry.
After some consideration, the Executive Committee started a discussion with Lelia Gowland, a nationally known speaker, author and coach about developing custom content for NWiR that would help members look for the light at the end of the pandemic tunnel.
We decided to continue the conversations that have sustained us through the past year on topics like:
- Joy infusion in your career and workplace
- Negotiation strategies
- Antidotes for “Zoom fatigue”
- Building confidence and empowerment.
Through a blend of live, interactive virtual programs and engaging online courses, NWiR members learned tangible strategies and got fresh perspectives through live, interactive virtual programs and through online courses.
Live interactive virtual programs:
- Joy Infusion: Laugh, Find Connection, and Have Fun; Sponsored by Beacon
- Women Investing in Women: Building Confidence and Empowerment; Sponsored by Johns Manville
- The Unexpected Advantage: Negotiation Strategies That Work For Women (And Everyone); Sponsored by Owens Corning
In each virtual session, the audience gets to choose the next topic in real time!
Online courses will be posted May 7
- Confidence Boost: Tap into the Negotiation Strengths You Already Have; Sponsored by GAF
- Prep Like A Pro: Key Strategies for Before You Negotiate; Sponsored by Tamko
- Success in the Room: Powerful Practices for During the Negotiation; Sponsored by SRS
- Manage the Feels: How to Navigate Your Emotions in Negotiation; Sponsored by Tremco
Check out the Roofing Is: Connection webpage for all the links and details. Thank you to our Diamond Sponsors for this fantastic content.