This year in honor of Women’s History Month, Roofing Is Celebrating Women. Let’s not just celebrate the women who are written in the history books but let’s also celebrate ourselves. This month, you will see highlights of women to be celebrated within our industry.
Anna Anderson, Art Unlimited
1. How did you get involved in the roofing industry? – Ken Kelly, President of Kelly Roofing
2. What is one of the key things you’ve learned about yourself that you wish you would’ve known when you first entered the roofing industry? – Every voice counts regardless of age, race, or gender. Learn to listen and then speak, as your voice brings value to the conversation.
3. In the spirit of Women’s History Month, who in your life has been an inspiring female figure that has helped you get to where you are today, physically, emotionally, intellectually and/or spiritually? My mother. She is also incredibly competitive and through love pushed me to open doors and not be afraid to step out.
4. Who is one of your favorite Women in History? – Esther from the Bible & Katherine Johnson
5. As we know, many of the women in our industry are always juggling multiple responsibilities. How do you manage a work-life balance? – Balance is a word many try to achieve but in reality, it’s learning to walk through life with grace. Grace for yourself, recognizing you aren’t perfect, grace for others as sometimes they don’t have balance but need your support to once again achieve balance. To me, balance is truly learning how to walk through life gracefully.
6. Share an example of a time when you realized you were one of the first women at your job, school, family, or social organization to do something that had a meaningful impact or caused a positive change? – The firsts for me were little moments where I realized I had a positive impact on others. When I stand up and ask questions that push others to strategically think transformational moments are achieved.
7. Share something that you have been a part of that other women can follow in your footsteps and pave new trails in the industry? – For me, I’m passionate about women in business and technology so the natural fit was NWiR & RT3. Remember to be YOU, find the place your passion is able to thrive within. There are many amazing organizations, join a committee and invest in those around you.
NWiR is so grateful to Anna for her tireless efforts as a member of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee.
We are also grateful to her company, Art Unlimited, for their support of the association as a Platinum Sponsor.