I like to stay up to date on how the roofing industry and adjacent industries are doing from an economic and market perspective. While some of this information is proprietary, there are several sources outside of the roofing industry that I like to look at. I listen to the podcasts while I walk my dog and then either sign up for the email reports or bookmark them on my computer and read them while I eat lunch or stand and stretch.
- Wall Street Journal and it’s one-minute podcast
- AGC – The Construction Association and you can also subscribe to the AGC SmartBrief (click on the title to sign up)
- ConstructConnect – look at the other pages on this site too
- Architectural Billings Index (ABI)
- Dodge Index
- National Association of Manufacturers
- American Trucking Associations
What I’ve listed above is the links to the original sources for this information, not just a link to a secondary source/article that talks about it. I like to go straight to the source. In brief, by looking at all the industries that touch roofing (architecture, construction, manufacturing, trucking) I’m able to get a good idea of what is happening and better yet, what might be coming.