The Roofing Alliance started the IRE convention week off with record attendance at the member dessert and cordials reception held Sunday evening at the Omni Nashville. This is an opportunity for members to mix and mingle with current members and to welcome new members.
The Roofing Alliance welcomed the top five finalist teams participating in the 5th annual Construction Management Student Competition to Nashville Sunday evening. The students and faculty had the opportunity to go on the roof of the project for this year’s competition – the Hilton Cool Springs Hotel, Franklin, Tenn. with representatives from Rackley Roofing and Crain Construction – both companies were involved in the project. The students gave their oral presentations on Tuesday morning, Feb. 12.
Tuesday evening, Feb. 12, the winners of the following Roofing Alliance programs were recognized.
- First place team – Minnesota State University at Mankato, Mankato, Minn.
- 2nd place team – Colorado State University, Fort Collins, Colo.
- Best individual presenter – Tony Centro from the University of Florida, Gainesville, Fla.
- Bobby Ainsworth – Other Noteworthy Contributions Outside the Work Place; Field worker, Venture Construction Group of Florida, Inc., Stuart, Fla.
- Miguel Lopez – Outstanding On-the-Job Performance and Workmanship; Superintendent, Chamberlin Roofing & Waterproofing, Houston, Texas
- Brandon Reese – Other Noteworthy Contributions Outside the Work Place – Outstanding On-the-Job Performance and Workmanship and Best of the Best Winner; Foreman, Korellis Roofing Inc., Hammond, Ind.
- Drew Thomas – Outstanding On-the-Job Performance and Workmanship; Superintendent, Reliant Roofing, Inc., Jacksonville, Fla.
- Jose de Jesus Zermeno – Outstanding On-the-Job Performance and Workmanship; Field Supervisor, Antis Roofing & Waterproofing, Irvine, Ca.
This year’s Gold Circle Award winners for outstanding contributions and unique roofing-related jobs and services included:
- Mahan Slate Roofing Co., Inc., Agawam, MA with the Dartmouth College Baker Tower Renovations project in Hanover, NH
- Renaissance Roofing, Inc., Rockford, IL with the Cascade Courthouse, Copper Roof Replacement & Exterior Repair project out of Great Falls, MT
Safety Preparedness and Performance Winner
- Nations Roof of Villa Park, Villa Park, IL – with the Rolls Royce North American Headquarters project in Indianapolis, IN