N.E.W.S. (Network of Educating Women Scholarship) Conference Attendee Program – for NWiR Day and IRE 2022
The scholarships have been awarded for the NWiR Day and IRE 2022. More details here: https://www.nationalwomeninroofing.org/winners-for-n-e-w-s-conference-program/
NWIR is honored to offer for a fourth year the scholarship program for first-time contractor attendees to NWIR Day and the 2022 IRE and NRCA Convention in New Orleans, Louisiana. This program is designed to encourage first-time attendees who work for a contractor to experience the benefits of professional development in the roofing industry. Attendance at these events can influence one’s career trajectory and benefit not just the attendee, but her company/employer as well. NWIR is pleased to offer four scholarships for 2022.
- Attendance at NWIR Day on Jan. 30
- IRE Tradeshow Expo Pass
- Super Pass to Education Sessions Feb. 1-3
- Hotel accommodations (not to exceed $1,500)
- Roundtrip airfare (not to exceed ($800)
- Tailored agenda with host provided by NWIR Mentorship Committee
*Each attendee and her employer will be responsible for meals, ground transportation and incidentals
Guidelines for applicants
- Current NWIR Member
- Woman working as or employed by a roofing contractor
- Agreement to attend NWIR Day, education sessions and the expo
- Attend the NWIR hosted session held during the IRE education sessions
- Assist with staffing the NWIR booth at the expo (2-3 hours total)
- Agreement to write a statement summarizing her experience and provide a photographic release
- If an employee (rather than an owner), agreement from your employer for paid time off to travel from Jan. 29 – Feb. 3
How To Apply
- Email submission to the Mentoring Committee Chair, Kelley Caron at [email protected]
- Tell us the number of years and position(s) held in the roofing industry.
- Indicate whether you are a member of NWiR as well as any other roofing associations.
- Write a brief summary on why you would like to be selected to attend the 2021 NWIR Day and the IRE & NRCA Convention. (Limit to 500 words)
- The deadline to apply is November 12, 2021. Winners will be notified on November 30th and announced on December 1st.