N.E.W.S. (Network of Educating Women Scholarship) Conference Attendee Program – for NWiR Day and IRE 2024
NWIR is honored to offer for a sixth year the conference attendee program for first-time contractor attendees to NWIR Day and the 2024 International Roofing Expo and NRCA Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. This program is designed to encourage first-time attendees who work for a contractor to experience the benefits of professional development in the roofing industry. Attendance at these events can influence one’s career trajectory and benefit not just the attendee, but her company/employer as well. NWIR is pleased to offer four scholarships for 2024.
- Attendance at NWIR Day on February 4
- IRE Tradeshow Expo Pass
- Super Pass to Education Sessions February 6-8
- Hotel accommodations (not to exceed $1,500)
- Roundtrip airfare (not to exceed ($800)
- Tailored agenda with host provided by NWIR Mentorship Committee
* Each attendee and her employer will be responsible for meals, ground transportation and incidentals
Guidelines for applicants
- Current NWIR Member
- Woman working as or employed by a roofing contractor
- Agreement to attend NWIR Day, education sessions and the expo
- Attend the NWIR hosted session held during the IRE education sessions
- Assist with staffing the NWIR booth at the expo (2-3 hours total)
- Agreement to write a statement summarizing her experience and provide a photographic release
- If an employee (rather than an owner), agreement from your employer for paid time off to travel from February 4-8
How To Apply
- Download the form here, fill & email submission to the Mentoring Committee Chair, Kelley Caron at KCaron@omginc.com
- Tell us the number of years and position(s) held in the roofing industry.
- Indicate whether you are a member of NWiR as well as any other roofing associations.
- Write a brief summary on why you would like to be selected to attend the 2024 NWIR Day and the IRE & NRCA Convention. (Limit to 500 words)
- The deadline to apply is October 30, 2023. Winners will be notified on November 20 and announced on December 5.
Here are the scholarships that have been awarded for NWiR Day and IRE 2023. More details here.