The Community Service Committee will have it’s final meeting of 2021 on November 3rd celebrating the many acts of kindness and service across the country that NWIR members and their companies have done! Despite the pandemic, good people found ways to help their communities! These are just a few of the many stories:
• Beacon (Herndon, VA) employees joined forces with the Herndon Police and She Believes In Me to create goodie bags for vulnerable kids in the community; and in (Orange County, CA) donated a roof to the Boys and Girls Club of Laguna Beach
• Austin Roofing & Construction (Austin, TX) continues to provide free roofs, at-cost roofs & a free maintenance program for all residential roofs at the Community First! Village which is a town of small houses, and is pioneering a new vision for the Austin, TX homeless
• Antis Roofing & Waterproofing (Irvine) held more than 50 blood drives with the American Red Cross
• Valentine Roofing (Tukwila, WA) provided a free roof and more with the Peace of Mind Program to a local Spanaway Native
• The NWIR Socal Council (Los Angeles, CA), SRS and Beacon Distribution along with IKO Roof shingles, In-O-Vate Rapid Ridge, Bay Cities Metal (Gardenia, CA) and Final Touch Construction (Fontana, CA)Provided the materials and labor to install a new roof on Alexandria House following a March 21, 2020 fire
• National Roofing Company (Albuquerque, NM) re-roofed The New Mexico Children’s Grief Center which provides counseling, and therapy services for children, teens, and families across Albuquerque.
• National Women in Roofing Arizona Chapter and the Arizona Roofing Contractors Young Professionals donated a re-roof to an Arizona Veteran
What’s next? Together with the board of directors the Community Service Committee will ratify our goals for 2022 that will begin with showcasing these stories and more at NWIR Day at IRE on January 29, 2022 in New Orleans! We are discussing a Community Service “month” of giving celebration and more. If you are a champion for causes that support women and girls and their families…please join us!