You’ve registered for NWiR Day, what’s next?
We are so excited to see you at NWiR Day 2022! Thank you for registering and we can’t wait to share the day with you, joining together with other women in roofing. There are several additional options for you to take advantage of during and adjacent to NWiR Day (headshots, evening event, IRE booth volunteering, Books & Brunch, etc. Please take a look at the below!
We are bringing in a professional photographer to take headshots for the day. To help eliminate waiting in line, choose a time slot and sign up here
IRE Booth Sign Ups:
Can you help us by spending an hour or two in the NWIR booth at the IRE trade show? As members, it is a powerful statement that you can make to other women (and men) in the roofing industry about the how NWIR can empower women and help to advance the careers of all in the industry. We’ve got carpet padding, electricity, and wifi – and best of all it is awesome to meet other women and hear their story of how they came to work in roofing. There will be an experienced member (or two) working the booth with you and we will have talking points clearly outlined. Simply go here and sign yourself up.
International Roofing Expo:
Don’t forget to register to attend the 2022 International Roofing Expo taking place February 1-3. The event will feature over 60 educational sessions, 350+ top suppliers and manufacturers, special networking events, and the 13th Annual Community Service Day. This year the keynote speaker event is back and features the honorable Reid Ribble, NRCA CEO. Use the link below to receive a Free Expo Hall Pass or save 10% on a Conference Super Pass, courtesy of National Women in Roofing. For more information regarding the IRE, click here.
- NWiR Members that need to register as IRE attendees
- Offer: 100% Off Expo Hall Pass or 10% Off a Conference Super Pass
- Promo Code: NWIREX10
- Direct Registration Link: https://compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=767&PromoCode=NWIREX10
Books, Balance and Brunch hosted by the DEI Committee: This will be a casual, come-as-you-are type of session to enlighten both mind and body… then we will nourish it with some good food and fellowship.
- 9am Restorative Yoga Session led by Mandy McIntyre This will be a gentle and meditative yoga session where no experience, flexibility, or strength is required. There will be no sweating or difficult poses. The purpose of this session is to simply stretch, rest and relax.
- 10:15 – 11:15 am Book Club Discussion on So You Want to Talk About Race led by Rae July Please note this is open to everyone and reading the book is not required to participate in the discussion. However, there are some ground rules. First and foremost, this is a safe space discussion. We encourage everyone to feel comfortable sharing but also be mindful and respectful. Be cognizant of the fact that not everyone will share your views. We are all here to learn. Intentions should be verbalized so that everyone has a better chance of reaching aligned goals. We will not tolerate racist or derogatory statements or slurs.
- 12pm Brunch: Attendees will head to a dutch treat brunch at a local restaurant.
If you didn’t sign up for this during registration and want to end, email us at [email protected]
IRE Community Service Day:
- Monday, January 31st
- More details and to sign-up here.
Information About Arriving:
NWiR Day What to Wear and What to Bring Wear whatever you are comfortable in – a dress and pearls or yoga pants and sneakers. Bring a water bottle, your favorite pen, and at least 50 business cards so that you can keep in touch with other women you meet. During the day, you’ll also have time to chat with some “Wise Women” and ask questions about their stories and experiences; so bring a couple questions/situation/issues that you’ve been wondering about as well.
Online schedule and Conference App:
You can find download the online schedule app here. You can use the link to access an app on your phone, or to access a printable version of the schedule. Both features are available by clicking on the icons on the top, right of the page (also shown below):
Accommodations: National Women in Roofing is committed to providing universal access to all of our events. Please contact [email protected] by January 10th to request disability accommodations. Advance notice is necessary to arrange for some accessibility needs.