NWiR Day 2022: January 30th in New Orleans
National Women in Roofing (NWIR) is hosting a one-day conference in New Orleans, Louisiana on January 30th in advance of IRE. By attending, you will connect, discover, and cultivate new relationships with roofing professionals. The program is set, we can’t wait to see you at the New Orleans Convention Center on January 30th. View the program here!
Registration is open – scroll down for information on fees and to register.
The fifth annual NWiR Day is the premier conference for multidisciplinary women professionals in the roofing industry to get together to learn about the latest business strategies and tactics and share their secrets to success. Connect with professional, like-minded, good-spirited women from all facets of the roofing industry and experience insight, inspiration, and fun. The agenda can be found here.
We prefer to keep NWiR Day a women’s only event. NWiR recognizes that many men are equal partners to our mission of empowering women in the roofing industry; for that reason membership has been open to men since the original membership launch in June of 2016. Most of the time, NWiR events are inclusive of all genders. However, there is a unique perspective and experience that women in roofing have that is not necessarily shared by men, and it aligns with the need in our industry to mentor, educate, network and recruit women into roofing. It also provides a safe space for conversation. We invite and welcome men, supporters, and guests to join us for our evening reception to celebrate the end of a successful NWiR Day.
- NWiR Member: $75
- Non-member: $150 (price includes membership)
*Already registered? Take a look at our additional opportunities here.
COVID-19 Safety Plan & Requirements to Attend
While your success is a top priority, so is your health and safety and we want to make sure we provide a safe environment for all those who plan on taking part in the NWiR Day. We are closely following the guidance provided by the City of New Orleans, so please read below for important information regarding the COVID protocols that we are implementing for this year’s event.
Effective January 12, 2022, the city of New Orleans imposed an indoor mask mandate. Masks will be required in all indoor spaces for all individuals, both vaccinated and unvaccinated. As a result, masks will be required at NWiR Day.
The city of New Orleans also requires proof of full vaccination OR a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours to attend any restaurant, bar, or any event where food and beverage is present. Therefore, this mandate from the City of New Orleans will apply to all attendees of NWiR Day (as well as to attendees of the IRE and visitors to the City of New Orleans).
Upon your arrival at NWiR Day, all attendees will go through a verification process where you will need to provide verification of one of the requirements. Attendees will either need to show proof of two doses of the COVID vaccine (except for those who have received one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine), OR a negative PCR, molecular, or antigen test within 72 hours.
Plan to bring proof of vaccination with you OR plan to take a covid test at home before traveling (you might even need to make an appointment now for the day prior to travel) OR plan to bring a covid test with you.
NWiR Day 2022 will continue to follow all local health guidelines. We are thrilled to welcome you to New Orleans in February and look forward to starting 2022 off with a fun, safe, and successful day!
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The is a FULL DAY program, beginning at 9am and ending at 5:45pm, with a reception from 5:45pm – 7:30pm. The full agenda can be found here.
*This agenda is subject to change.
This year, we also have optional events for attendees on Monday, January 31st from 9am – 1pm:
Books, Balance and Brunch hosted by the DEI Committee: This will be a casual, come-as-you-are type of session to enlighten both mind and body… then we will nourish it with some good food and fellowship. Questions? Email email@example.com
- 9am Restorative Yoga Session led by Mandy McIntyre This will be a gentle and meditative yoga session where no experience, flexibility, or strength is required. All are welcome as there will be no sweaty or difficult poses. The purpose of this session is to simply stretch, rest and relax. Both soothing and nurturing, this class offers relaxing and meditative yoga poses that quiet the mind and settle the body. Focus is on being still, relaxing and letting go. Benefits include lowering blood-pressure, reducing anxiety and depression, strengthening the immune system and promoting restful sleep. Yoga mats will be available for $20.
- 10:15 – 11:15 am Book Club Discussion on So You Want to Talk About Race led by Rae July Please note this is open to everyone and reading the book is not required to participate in the discussion. However, there are some ground rules. First and foremost, this is a safe space discussion. We encourage everyone to feel comfortable sharing but also be mindful and respectful. Be cognizant of the fact that not everyone will share your views. We are all here to learn. Intentions should be verbalized so that everyone has a better chance of reaching aligned goals. We will not tolerate racist or derogatory statements or slurs.
- 12pm Brunch: Attendees will head to a dutch treat brunch at a local restaurant. Brunch will cost $30.
If you are interested, you can sign up for Monday’s events while registering for NWiR Day at the link above. If you already registered for NWiR Day and would like to attend Monday’s events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information & Links
Need some help making the case to attend National Women in Roofing Day? Your guide to advocate attending can be found here: NWiR Day – Justification Guide 2022 Final We even started a sample letter for you! Download a copy here: Justification Letter – 2022 NWiR Day
Download our digital invitation to share with your networks here!
IRE Registration Information:
- NWiR Members that need to register as IRE attendees
- Offer: 100% Off Expo Hall Pass or 10% Off a Conference Super Pass
- Promo Code: NWIREX10
- Direct Registration Link: https://compusystems.com/servlet/ar?evt_uid=767&PromoCode=NWIREX10