Use Tips From ABC Supply on Professionalism, Online Presence and Customer Reviews
So much of what you hear about marketing these days is in the digital space, and while that’s an important component, there is so much more that goes into promoting a business.
Here are five ways you can help your business stand out from the competition and win more jobs.
1. Have a Professional Online Presence
From a professional website to a consistent social media presence, here are three ways you can strengthen your online presence:
- Websites: Showcase your business with a site that highlights your services and past projects and shows potential customers you are an established and trusted expert in your field. Many companies, including ABC Supply, offer website building tools. Learn more here.
- Social Media: Create and maintain a consistent social media presence on platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn. And don’t forget to complete your profile on each channel with information about your company, including contact information, a link to your website and professional images.
- Use a business domain: It’s a small trick, but creating a business domain instead of defaulting to a Gmail or Yahoo address can help you maintain a professional identity. For example, you can update your email to be JaneSmith@SmithRoofing.com rather than SmithRoofing@Gmail.com. Learn how to update your Gmail address here.
2. Encourage Customer Reviews
Word-of-mouth marketing is a powerful and effective way to win new business. In fact, 86% of consumers read customer reviews before contacting a business, while 91% trust online reviews as much as personal recommendations.
As prospective consumers rely more on customer reviews, it’s important to encourage your current customers to share positive experiences with family, friends and even colleagues. Ask satisfied customers to submit a testimonial or review for you online, so you can feature it on your website or in your marketing materials. Create accounts on sites like Google My Business, Yelp or Angie’s List to help establish trust and credibility with potential customers. Be sure to also have a reputation management strategy in place to respond to both positive and negative reviews.
Consider how you can create more business through repeat customers and referrals. Try establishing an incentive program for customers who refer your business, rewarding them with a discount on their next project or a gift card to an area restaurant.
3. Wear Clean, Branded Custom Clothing
There’s never a second chance for a first impression, so it’s important to be presentable and professional at every customer appointment. Provide branded clothing for your entire crew to show they’re part of an established business with professional employees who are easily identifiable to the homeowner. ABC Supply’s professional image building resources can help by designing a logo for you and creating branded T-shirts, hats, jackets and more. Also, we know it’s easy to get your hands dirty at jobsites (literally), so remember to clean up quickly before meeting with customers.
4. Leverage Traditional Marketing Materials
Traditional marketing materials (e.g., door hangers, direct mailings, jobsite signs, etc.) continue to be an effective marketing tool and can help you beat out other area companies by reaching targeted, qualified customers with a tailored message. ABC Supply’s Freedom Programs offer integrated marketing materials, helping you market your business in an easy and targeted way.
5. Treat Customers With Respect
You can execute every facet of a marketing plan perfectly, but in the end, there’s a good chance none of it will matter if you fail to treat customers with respect. You should always strive to be honest and transparent with customers throughout a project.
Keep these tips in mind to build your business, and use ABC Supply’s Freedom Programs to help market to past, present and future customers.