- This event has passed.
Respect Within Roofing – Strategies for Building Inclusive Communities at NWIR & Beyond
May 5 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm CDT
As promised, NWIR is offering a follow-up “virtual breakout” session with our 2023 keynote speaker, Nora Burns. Based on feedback from those who competed Nora’s post-keynote online survey we have decided to discuss respect within roofing.
• Gain understanding of diversity; understand what is included under the rubric of diversity
• Define harassment
• Be aware of trends involving harassment & discrimination
• Understand workplace retaliation considerations
• Gain insights regarding how to avoid workplace harassment
• Understand how power differential or the misuse of power affects diversity issues
• Learn about NWIR’s commitment to harassment-free meetings & events
• Identify one’s own values and identifications, and understanding the implications
• Gain awareness that diversity work is an ongoing process, and what the phases of the journey may entail
• Explore communication techniques for situations involving discrimination or harassment
• Understand the power of bystander intervention
This will be a highly interactive, cameras-on, session hosted via Zoom. Please come ready to learn, discuss, and ask questions. The session will not be recorded.
10:00 AM to 11:40 AM: Session with discussion across all levels of organizations
11:40 AM – 12:00 PM – Break
12:00 PM to 12:35 PM – Supervisors, Managers, Directors, Leaders, Owners – do you supervise the work of others? Do you serve on the BOD or as a Committee Chair of NWIR? This add-on discussion is for you! Leader expectations related to building a culture of respect and inclusion.