- This event has passed.
Event Hosted By: Education1
METAL ROOF Wind Uplift(ing) or NOT?
June 23, 2021 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm EDT
Join us in celebrating the month of June by adding to your continuing education and discover the science of wind uplift. NWiR’s own member, Shelly Higgins – S-5 Architectural & National Accounts Director will be our presenter. Learn how the changes are impacting codes and roof material choices. Learn about testing and specification techniques for metal roof options and accessories to improve wind uplift resistance.
The Learning Objectives Include:
- Describe the effects of wind uplift on roofs and the science behind it
- Understand the changes in ASCE 07 and how it creates a safer building
- Explain wind uplift testing and why it is important
- Identify methods, metal roof accessories and applications to improve metal roof performance in wind uplift solutions
- Explain specification techniques; how to properly select and specify wind rated metal roofs and accessories to value engineer wind control