- This event has passed.
Columbus Council: Diaper Drive!
March 31, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
In honor of celebrating women throughout the month of March, we are partnering up with the Columbus Diaper Coalition to hold a diaper drive to help mothers in need.
A few diaper facts:
- 1 in 3 American families report experiencing diaper need.
- Public assistance programs like SNAP or WIC, do not cover the costs of diapers for babies, leaving families to make the unbelievable tough choice, “do I buy food for my family, or diapers for my child”.
- Infants can wear an average of 10-12 diapers a day, toddlers about 8 per day.
- Disposable diapers cost an average $70-$80 per month.
- Most childcare centers, require a day’s supply of disposable diapers
Diapers can be purchased online or in store at any store you prefer. The Columbus Diaper Coalition accepts new or open packs of newborn to size 7 diapers, pull-ups in all sizes, and new (unopened) baby wipes. Their critical need is size 6 and pull-ups of all sizes. Newborn and size 1 are less critical as they have a large inventory on hand for these sizes.
Donations will be taken to the Columbus Diaper Coalition on March 31st, but they can be purchased and sent to us any time prior. On this day, we would invite everyone who is interested to deliver the diapers we receive on behalf of our council. 😊
If you want to donate but are not able to come on the 31st we ask that you send all donations to The Durable Slate Company, 3933 Groves Rd, Columbus, OH 43232.
If you would like to make a monetary donation in lieu of sending diapers, please let me know and I can send you the information!
For more information about Columbus Diaper Coalition:
If you have any questions on this, please do not hesitate to reach out!